Samstag, 3. Februar 2007

Janet Baker


"Complete emotional identification with her roles, many of which she recorded, and a rich, expressive and flexible voice enabled Janet Baker to excel in florid as well as dramatic music."
.
I took this extract from Wikipedia. It is the usual to say about Janet Baker, no discussion. Jenny was able to deliver the very essence of the music; listen to her recordings is again and again a very unique musical experience.
.
She was a remarkable baroque singer (Bach, give me her Handel), and an exceptional Lied performer. You can do no wrong with Jenny, everything she recorded is flawless (well, after almost 30 years we are used now to another quality on the musical arrangements of baroque arias, but who cares!).
.
I have here an aria from Ariodante, "Dopo notte". With Jenny, the usual suspects, the English Chamber Orchestra with Raymond Leppard. I will be surely posting more, since Janet is one of my all time favourites.

Keine Kommentare: