Freitag, 2. Februar 2007

Vivica Genaux

Guapa
.
The very gorgeus Vivica Genaux is one of today´s finest Mezzo-Sopranos. I haven´t had the chance to see her live (When is she coming to Germany??), but her recordings are always a pleasure.
Born in Alaska she has made herself a neme as bel canto singer (with Rossini roles) and baroque.
Her voice is probably not the most beautiful when first heard, there is somehow a metallic hint in it. The more I hear to her, the more I like her though. Her technique is absolutely flawless, her repertoire fits my taste, and the timbre is something I learnt to love. An absolutely unmistakable voice, if there was one.
Her coloratura is astonishing. You can enjoy a sample, the aria "Qual Guerriero in campo armato" by R. Broschi (the same Aria is included in Vivaldi´s pasticcio Bajazet). She is accompanied by the Akademie für alte Musik Berlin, with René Jacobs.

Keine Kommentare: